Your domain name serves as the headline for your business – it is essential that you give it the time and thought it deserves.
Whether your website is for business or personal use, there are a few things you can take into consideration to make your domain name choice a lot easier:
- In the internet world, .com is always the most memorable domain a person or business could have.
- To reinforce your location, Australian companies should opt for .com.au as it signifies that you are located and/or operating within Australia.
- To avoid any confusion, choose a domain name that is easy to spell. The last thing you want is for your audience to type your domain incorrectly, and as a result be taken to a site that is completely different to yours. Keep your domain name simple to avoid any missed opportunities.
- Set your brand apart by using a catchy, marketable name that’s both short and easy to remember. Can you imagine advertising this URL on a flyer or huge billboard? You want to opt for a domain name that turns heads. If it’s your business name, that will work too.
- It is also effective to use keywords within your domain name for SEO purposes. You want to make it as easy as possible for people to find your business and know what it’s about.
- For example, if you have a painting business, use the words ‘painting’ or ‘painter’ in your URL to signify your business trade.
- We would recommend always going with an Australian registrar and where possible keep your domain names in one place. This ensures you are with a trusted provider governed by Australia consumer laws and also makes its easy to manage all the domains in a single place.
That is where we can help – so if you would like to register a domain name, lets discuss your options.